A couple of days ago, ESPN Insider posted a list of potential targets that the Dodgers might pursue in the coming weeks. The list includes:
- Matt Garza, RHP-- Chicago Cubs
- Ryan Dempster, RHP -- Chicago Cubs
- Zack Greinke, RHP -- Milwaukee Brewers
- Michael Cuddyer, OF -- Colorado Rockies
- Josh Willingham, OF -- Minnesota Twins
- Huston Street, RHP -- San Diego Padres
- Brett Myers, RHP -- Houston Astros
- Brandon League, RHP -- Seattle Mariners
- Brandon Inge, 3B -- Oakland Athletics
- Carlos Quentin, OF -- San Diego Padres
- Justin Morneau, 1B -- Minnesota Twins
Who might the Dodgers be willing to part with in order to entice dealing clubs? The Insider suggests...
The Dodgers' farm system isn't exactly flush with elite talent, but they could be willing to include big-league roster members such as Juan Rivera, Tony Gwynn, Jr., and Ivan De Jesus to acquire the right players.
Top prospects such as right-handers Zach Lee, Chris Withrow, Ethan Martin, Allen Webster and Angel Sanchez could be parts of a package, as could outfielder Joc Pederson and catcher Tim Federowicz, the club's top non-pitching prospects.
It will be an interesting six weeks, indeed.