Looks like some momentum is brewing. It's about time, eh? Back-to-back walk-off wins, and three wins in a row - hopefully it's contagious. But you know, I've been thinking...
- Hanley Ramirez is hot. Or is he? Though it seems as though HanRam is ripping the cover off of the ball lately, he's only 7-for-38 in his last ten games (.182) and has struck out 12 times. But four of those seven hits have been home runs. Hot or not, Hanley is making the most of things.
- Before "the trade" was officially announced, Adrian Gonzalez' posters were removed from places all around Fenway Park that Saturday afternoon. It's been a while now, yet James Loney's poster remains on display around Dodger Stadium. Perhaps there are those who believe Loney has left a lasting legacy, a la Ron Cey and Orel Hershiser? Nah.
- The tentative schedule for 2013 is out. Among other things, the Dodgers are poised to swap a pair of home games with the Yankees next summer. The Red Sox will be coming to Chavez Ravine as well.
- Must say I'm impressed that Bobby Abreu is still around. I didn't figure he'd stick it out in the minors and await a September call up. My money says Abreu still has a game changing knock or two left in him this season.
- Don't look now, but Andre Ethier is heating up. Over his last ten games, Andre is batting .395 and has clubbed three homers in 38 at-bats. He's hit .321 during the last 30 days.
- L.A. is now just a half game back for a Wild Card playoff berth.
- I had to purchase the Vin Scully bobblehead from ebay. Though I've got my share of bobbleheads, I'm not an avid collector. Still, I think my favorite is the Garvey-Lopes-Russell-Cey. Both are classy.
...but that's just my two cents.